Tuesday 26 June, 2007

LASIK exp

The memories are still evergreen. It was June 22nd 2001(six years ago) and i had just completed my II PU. My results of CET had come. I had jus gone for an eye check up at Nethradhama in Jayanagar. That time it was in Jayanagar near JSS circle. Of course now also its close to the same circle but in a different direction. A year before i had read abt this Hospital and doctor performing LASIK surgery. I had not got time to go for a chek up and enquire abt this surgery till i completed my PU. Mine was a hereditary myopia. The power had gone up (cos of my rigorous studies i must say).
After they made note of the power in dioptre, I asked the doc if i could undergo this surgery. He was a bit apprehensive. He said "we will have to perform topology and retinal tests before we do this". The retina was tested for black spots. Topology probably to test the nerves(nt sure). The test turned out to be positive and Dr.SriGanesh was ready to perform this surgery. The date was finalised as june 22nd. Those days they performed operations only on friday,saturday and sunday of the week. I was very inquisitive abt this surgery. I always wanted to know what was really being done as a cure in this surgery. In fact they even arrange meetings with the people who have undergone operation for the benefit of those who would get operated. Still i didn't want to meet anyone. I was prepared for it.
My mom as usual was very skeptical if the operation will be successful. She was also afraid of the consequences. So we did not take my mom to the hospital. Me and my dad went to the hospital in a 2 wheeler. My surgery was at 4:15pm. I was supposed to report at 3pm. I was given some tablet. When asked, they told me that this tablet is to overcome anxiety. Surprised with the answer i sat on the sofa in the reception with my dad. I got to see the surgery performed on the person just before me. It was jus a 10 min operation (including the time u go n and come out). Next, it was my turn. I went in. The junior doctor washed my eyes with water. He took me(in a gown that will be given to inmates) into the surgery hall which was visible to all. The doctor put a eye clip to each eye so that it will nt blink. They also put an eye drop to numb the eye. No feeling/sensation after that. I could only percieve that the outermost retinal layer is cut open and rays are being introduced to flatten the eyeball(this is the solution for myopia). After everything, i thought that layer was nt put back. My dad who saw the operation told me that it was put back in place. After the operation, they gave me a fruit juice which i was awaiting for :P Then they checked the eye. It was all ok. I came out and saw. I was so glad that i could see everything and read signboards at distance even without my spectacles for the first time. I felt i had conquered everything on earth.
That day all through the route from hospi to my home, i was reading out to my dad. He was also happy for me..We reached home. Mom was very anxious abt the results of the surgery. I told her that am more than happy to see without specs. That day i was supposed to be in complete dark room till 24 hrsafter surgery with the dark glasses on. After coming home and sleeping for half an hour i could not open my eyes. Every half an hour my mother put the eye drops as instructed by the doc. Tears constantly flew from my eyes through out the night.My mom was scared to hell seeing my state. She was afraid whether i would be able to see at all in future. Luckily, next morning i was able to open and see and engage in regular activities like reading news paper etc as i had taken enough rest the prev day.
I was instructed to remain indoor for 24 hrs after which i could watch TV, use computer with black glasses on. Till seven days, i had to wear the black glasses whenever i went out. After Seven days i could take head bath. Till then i had to clean my face with wet cotton. All these petty caring has made my eye what it is today.

I thank my dad for having stood by me in my decision and making my life wonderful.

5 comments:

  1. Neat writeup, it really touched me. Congrats and kudos for your bravado !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coool kusuma probably after reading this only our mestru got inspired.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kusuma with Glasses on! Nice to imagine.. I missed seeing that :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a very gud try in explaining the entire journey...
    although i missed it, am repentin now that i shud also hav been with u guys...:-)
    but on the other end i had a bit same experience wen we trekked thru Nagarahole( http://campleopardrock.com/)
    I never thought i cud do river rafting, but i refrained myself from rappling ...got scared by seein the rock height.It was more of adventurous experience rather than trekking.
    last but not the least i shud say i enjoyed in readin every instance narrated by u Kusuma..(especially Laser surgery...u really hav gutts)...keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    ReplyDelete